Monday, May 20, 2013

Roll on 18-wheeler


This is an image I created with the lyrics from the song "Roll on 18-Wheeler" written by Dave Loggins and sung by Alabama. These lyrics are what gave me the idea for my blog.

"Roll On Momma" is exactly how I try to live my life. When my husband is away from the home I find it an rewarding to stand up and take charge of our life. This goes with chores, taking care of our 2 year old, paying bills, fighting off the door-to-door meat sellers (true story) and anything else that comes my way.

I think that him being away has given me the opportunity to know and be confident that I can run our home and take care of things on my own (not that I want to, because I really would rather him be by my side). Some days I sit around and wish that he was here and think about how much easier some tasks would be (especially now that I am pushing 8 months with child) I know that it is something that needs to be done.

He is supporting our family and there is nobody that I respect more than my husband for sacrificing so much for us. And that is why I choose to support him in what he does by taking care of our home while he is away and by "rolling on" with life when he is not here with us so he does not worry.

How do you continue to "roll on" when your significant other is OTR?

No comments:

Post a Comment